Dear Moose River Outpost Families,
Greetings from Jackman, Maine.
As you know, the last few months have been different than anything we’ve experienced in our lifetime.
Since the middle of March, we’ve been carefully monitoring the Coronavirus situation. I’ve been meeting with Christian Camps and Conferences Inc. leadership as well as our local Health Directors. We’ve had many discussions with our local health department regarding the specific challenges of running a children’s camp in this environment. We’ve studied public health guidelines and consulted with industry experts, including the Maine Youth Camp Association. We’ve prayed and sought the Lord, asking Him for an open door to move forward with MRO as we know it. I’m proud to work with such talented people who love the Lord.
But despite our best efforts, myself, Bob Strodel, and our wonderful Board of Directors, believe that we have exhausted every option that would allow us to run camp SAFELY. We have made the very difficult decision to suspend the opening of MRO for Summer 2020. We don’t believe that it is feasible to run Camp safely in such a remote location in this Coronavirus environment.
Ultimately, we believe this is in the best interest of our campers, staff and the long-term mission of MRO.
This decision was not easy to make and our hearts are hurting along with you because we know that MRO is a place where we all love to be seeking Christ, building community and embracing adventure.
So please pray…
- Pray for our campers.
- Pray for their parents to have wisdom in sharing this news.
- And pray for our summer staff who are dealing with the loss of their expected summer ministry and income.
If you are registered for Camp this summer, here are some options for how we are handling the cancellation of your registration.
- Option 1 – Roll Funds Forward to Next Summer: We would ask you to consider rolling forward any tuition paid to Summer 2021. If you choose this option, we would guarantee your child a place at MRO in the same session for 2021. For camp, choosing this option would help us manage cash flow and have funds on hand for current operations. See below for on line form to notify us of your decision.
- Option 2 – Donation: If you are able, consider donating all or a portion of your paid deposit or tuition to MRO’s General Fund. A donation at this time would help us manage the lost revenue we will experience this summer and allow us to maintain the facility until 2021. A tax-deductible receipt will be issued to you. See below for on line form to notify us of your decision.
- Option 3 – Full Refund: You may request a full refund by completing the on-line form below by June 30th. A full refund will be issued to you within 120 days of your request.
As best we can, we want to support you through this time. Campers look forward to camp all year long and so do we! This is why we are still actively planning and preparing for how we can encourage your campers and keep moving this ministry forward. Please stay in touch with us. We can’t wait to see you face to face in Summer 2021!
Access this Online Form to choose which option is best for you.
Moose River Outpost
An email has been sent to all MRO Camp families.